Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Scenes From The Dollhouse

Even though I never post anything I write about my dolls, mostly because I tend to change their eyes and wigs around and I'm too lazy to go back and edit their appearances in the story, I decided to post what I have about Keely at the moment since I'm so inspired by her.
I only have one chapter actually typed up while I have three written in my notebook. 
It's a little rough since I forgot about some details of Nathan and Cameron.
I haven't written about them in a while, since a little after I sold Oliver, I think.
I had it where they were never there whenever Marcy went over to her brother's.
They're worker bees. Lol.
Anyways, here's crappy chapter one of Keely's story.
I also really need to make a better cover since I've had this one for a a year or two. Lol.



Keely ~ Chapter One


I nervously sat beside Luna in Micah’s living room. Luna really didn’t want to do this and it made me feel like a burden. But this is my fault and I can’t even go home to ask for help. My family would shun me for this.

“It’s not just my decision, Luna. I understand the situation and I want to help, but I have roommates. All of us have to decide on this together." Micah said as he moved some of his sugar brown hair out of his teal blue eyes.

“Well, can’t you ask them now? My mom won’t let her stay any longer and I have to be home before curfew.” Luna said as she glanced over at me. I looked down to the dark hardwood floor beneath my feet. Micah sighed, “Alright, I’ll call an emergency meeting.”

I glanced up at Micah as he pulled something out of his jeans pocket that Luna had called a cell phone. I still wasn’t sure of all the technology and I definitely didn’t know how to use it. Micah ran his finger across the lit up screen before sliding the phone back into his front pocket. It wasn’t long before two guys came into the room. One had messy blond hair that fell to just above his dark green eyes with a black stud under the left of his bottom lip. The other guy was tall with dark brown wavy hair that swooped to one side with hazel eyes and more muscle than the other guy.

“What’s this emergency meeting about, Micah?” The blond guy asked as he folded his arms across his chest and leaned one shoulder against the wall. Micah glanced at me before turning around to look at the blond, “I’ll tell you when Nathan gets here, Elliot.”

Elliot rolled his eyes before making eye contact with me. I quickly glanced back down to the floor. To put it simple, I’m awkward around people. I’ve never been around anyone other than my family and family friends until I found Luna. Even then she was the only person I was around. She was the only one that knew I existed, until Saturday. Another guy entered the room and I raised my eyes to have my breath catch in my throat. It was him, the guy I had done this for. He had long black hair that swooped over his dark brown eyes, a silver hoop through the right side of his bottom lip, and black holes in his ear lobes. He sat down on the couch on the other side of Luna.

“Make this quick, I have to be at work soon.” He said, making blush rise to my cheeks at the sound of his deep and silky voice.

Micah glanced at me again before taking a deep breath, “Luna and Keely have a problem and they need our help. Keely is a fairy. She turned herself human – “

“Mostly human.” I said quietly, afraid of interrupting but knowing they could all hear me clearly as I tucked my hair behind my ears to show my pointed ears that didn’t change when I turned human.

“Mostly human.” Micah corrected. “And when she turned mostly human she lost all of her magic, which means she can’t turn back into a fairy. Luna’s parents won’t let her stay with them and Keely can’t go back home like a human.”

Elliot pushed himself off of the wall and plopped down on the love seat beside Micah and across from me, “And what makes you think we believe in fairies?”

“Because you’re vampires. Don’t creatures believe in other creatures?” Luna asked and folded her arms across her chest. Elliot hit Micah on the arm, “Dude, you aren’t supposed to tell.”

“He didn’t tell me. I know all of the signs and figured it out. Don’t you think I noticed when my best friend’s brother changed?” Luna snapped at Elliot. Elliot put his hands up. I had never heard Luna snap at anyone before, or even used a tone of anger or annoyance in her voice. Luna sighed, “Look, will you let Keely stay here? Please? There’s nowhere else for her to go.”

Elliot shrugged and looked at me, “I don’t mind. There are not enough girls around this joint anyways.”

The muscular guy gave a smile, his fangs showing, “You have my vote, Keely. Millie would be happy to have another girl around, as well, since Marcy is only here on the weekends.”

Everyone but me looked at Nathan, awaiting his answer. I held my breath, as we waited. Nathan folded his arms across his chest, “I don’t know. Some fairies can be bitches. I don’t want to be teased and tricked all the time.”

“She’s not like that. Trust me, she’s kind. Even if she was, she doesn’t have her magic anymore so she couldn’t play pranks on you.” Luna said, defending me. I held back a smile. It was nice to have a friend who would do something like this for you. And my parents always said humans were the worst creatures to roam the Earth.

“Fine.” Nathan said. “But only because I trust you, Luna.”

Luna squealed in delight and pulled Nathan into a hug before getting off of the couch and hugging the rest of the guys. Nathan rubbed his temple, “And I only trust you because Micah and Marcy trust you. One wrong move and Tinkerbell has to go. Got it?”

I wasn’t sure who Tinkerbell was. He couldn’t think that was my name, could he? Did he not hear my name? Luna gave Nathan a salute, “Aye aye, Captain!”

Nathan rolled his eyes at Luna and stood up, “Is this meeting over?”

Micah nodded, “Yeah. Luna, do you want to stay for dinner?”

Luna shook her head, “No, I have to get home. Keely, if you need me you can call me. Micah has my number and I’m sure he won’t mind you using his phone. I’ll be over as soon as I can, okay?”

I nodded. I wasn’t good with goodbyes, even if this could be considered a goodbye. I didn’t know how it would feel to be away from Luna after I’ve been with her for so long. Nathan cleared his throat, “I’ll give you a ride home, Luna. You don’t need to be out there alone.”

Within a minute she and Nathan were in the foyer and heading out of the front door with nothing other than one final wave, leaving me alone with Micah, Elliot, and the other guy. I was sort of comfortable with Micah since I had been around him several times. Well, I was either in Luna’s bag or pocket when she was near him but I felt like I hadn’t. I hadn’t been around the other two before, apart from the blond who had danced with Luna at the party on Saturday. Elliot leaned forward, propping his elbows on his knees and looking at me, “So, Tink, do you want to share a bed with me tonight?”

Micah rolled his eyes, “How about Keely is off limits. If she wants to date you or do things with you, let it be her choice and not you pressuring her, Elliot.”

Elliot sighed and stood up abruptly, “All of the attractive girls are off limits. You’re almost as bad as Nathan with rules.”

With a few quick strides Elliot was out of the room. Micah sighed and gave me an apologetic look, “Sorry about Elliot. It’s usually best if you ignore him. Nathan can be a bit moody sometimes as well, so keep that in mind. Anyways, this is Cameron.”

I looked back down to the floor nervously, “It’s nice to meet you. And thank you both for taking me in. I don’t know how to ever repay you.”

“Don’t mention it. You can stay for as long as you like. Do you plan on trying to turn back to a fairy or are you going to stay human?” Cameron said cheerfully. I could feel my cheeks getting warm. I hadn’t thought about what I was going to do. I didn’t even think when I decided to change into a human. My parents wouldn’t help me if I asked, so going back wouldn’t be an option. I looked up at Cameron and Micah, “I don’t know. My family wouldn’t help me, so I think I’m stuck as human.”

Micah gave me a nod, “Well, I’ll help you adjust to being human as best as I can. Let’s get you settled in a room, shall we?”

“Oh, is there anything you don’t eat, Keely?” Cameron asked. “It’s my turn to make dinner tonight and I want to make sure it’s something you will eat.”

“I don’t like sweet gum seeds and pumpernickel muffins.” I said. I couldn’t remember if Luna said humans eat the same things as Fairies. She always brought me fruits and vegetables to eat. Cameron gave a nod, “I can promise those two things will never be in this house.”

“Thank you.” I said shyly. Micah motioned for me to follow him, so I stood up and tried to keep up with him as we left the living room, went into the foyer, and up the stairs. Once we got to the landing I followed him to a tiny hallway with two doors. He opened the first door, “You can have this room. It is right beside Marcy’s room and my room is just across the hall if you need me.”

I bit my lip and looked down at the floor. I didn’t want him to know I had never slept by myself before. My parents and older brother and I slept on leaf hammocks in our tree trunk and when I found Luna I slept on her pillow with her. I also didn’t want him to know I never actually met Marcy or Luna’s other friends. But if I’m going to adjust being human, I need to do things like this.

“Look, I know how it is to be changed into something completely different and having to adjust to a new life. It’s scary and if you need anything or have questions, don’t hesitate to ask me. I’m here for you, alright?” Micah said as he leaned against the door frame of the bedroom, his eyebrows raised and a serious expression on his face. I couldn’t help but be afraid to take up his offer. I don’t need to get too close to him, otherwise I’ll get used to him being there for me and I need to learn how to be independent. Isn’t that how humans are? Luna is very independent. She kind of has to be, though, since her parents are never around much. I bit my lip and looked down at the hardwood floor, “But what if I get used to you?”

Micah sighed, “When I was changed and just left, Oliver found me. He told me about what I was going through, what I was, everything. Any questions I had, he answered. And because he started to date my sister, he was always around. I realized I was so used to him being there in my life that it felt kind of odd, empty, when he left to take care of his mom. He’s a phone call away if I need to talk to him because he turned into one of my best friends. I can be that friend for you – I want to be that friend. I will always be here for you.”

I couldn’t help but blush and smile. Either my parents were completely wrong about everyone other than us fairies, or I became really lucky with finding Luna and her friends. Everyone has been super nice to me since I’ve been human. Once I get the hang of it, I am certainly never going back to being a fairy. Ever. I quickly leaned in and gave Micah a hug. He chuckled and returned the embrace, “Just don’t try to isolate yourself, alright? If you’re too uncomfortable around us right now I can get Marcy to come over, or even Harper since Mom probably wouldn’t let Marcy come over this late.”

I shook my head, “They don’t know I exist. I had asked Luna not to tell anyone about me.”

“Oh, I didn’t know.” Micah said as he ran a hand through his hair. He stuck his hand into the room and made light come on. I rubbed my arm, “I was around them a lot, though. So they would be comforting.”

Micah gave a little smile, “At least it wouldn’t be like total strangers. Were you ever around me?”
I nodded, “Several times.”

“At least I’m not a stranger to you.” He said and moved his gaze into the now lit room. I followed his eyes and took a glance around the room. It had the same dark wood floors as the rest of the house and white walls that seemed kind of plain. There was a large bed on one wall with side tables on each side, a dresser with what Luna had called TV on top of it, and a desk on the wall beside us. Micah gave a sigh, “I know it’s not much and it’s kind of empty, but it was supposed to be turned into a guest room. Our guests prefer the little apartment over the garage. You can change things around if you want.

After living in a tree my entire life where the only two floors we had were one open space, I was happy to have a place I could call mine, even if it was for a little while. I didn’t have to share with anyone. I smiled, “It’s perfect.”

“I’m glad you like it.” Micah said as he folded his arms across his chest. “Can I ask you why you turned human?”

Blush rose to my cheeks as I was caught off guard by the question. I remembered the party. It sounded like fun and I had never been to anything like it, so I begged Luna to take me after hearing her friends talk about it. Luna wasn’t comfortable with the loud music, but it didn’t bother me. She also said something about people drinking. I don’t know what’s wrong with drinking, I like drinking juices. After a while of mostly sitting in a corner, and dancing with the blond vampire a few times because he said she needed to have fun instead of mope around, she went into a room to get away from everyone. I was about to fly out of her hoodie when I saw him. Nathan. He was just so handsome. One look and I was in love.

He was sitting in a window seat, with what Luna called headphones on his head, reading a book that was placed gently in his lap. If I knew then that he was a vampire, I probably wouldn’t have changed into a human. Vampires don’t like to be with anything other than other vampires. It’s the same with demons and fairies. His dark brown eyes never spotted me as he looked up from his book to see Luna standing in front of the bookshelf, not even noticing he was in the room. I remember his kind smile and the sweet sound of his smooth voice as he asked Luna if she was bored of the party already.  I remember Luna shaking her head and saying she didn’t like parties, but a friend wanted her to come. He had said he didn’t like them either and laughed. His laugh filled me with such warmth and joy that I had never felt before. I just knew it was love. But telling something like that to Micah, or Luna even, would have them laughing at me.

“It just looked like fun. I didn’t know I would lose my magic.” I replied. It was true. Everything I had experienced just seemed so interesting. And after hearing Nathan talk all night to Luna, I knew being human would be the right thing. I thought I would be able to turn back if I hated it. Micah stared at me for a minute, as if he knew there was something I wasn’t telling him. He raised an eyebrow, “You thought it looked like fun? How do you even think that? Sorry, I shouldn’t ask. Everyone is different. Let’s just get you settled in and give you a tour of the house.”

No comments:

Post a Comment