Sunday, September 21, 2014

Tattered Roses


Warning: This chapter has some graphic content. Read at your own risk!!

To read chapter one, click here.
Chapter Three

I heard the door to the bedroom open and raised my eyes to see two shadows in the doorway. Light flooded into the room, causing me to close my eyes again. I was so cold I couldn’t feel my body anymore, but I knew it was shaking to keep me alive. This was the worst torture I’ve ever endured. Maybe Salem will just kill me quickly if I ask.
"I'm so glad you're my best friend, Atticus." A silky voice slurred. I forced my eyes up to see Atticus helping a guy towards me. He had long, choppy jet black hair that fell into his gorgeous icy blue eyes. There were black loops on each side of his bottom lip, like London. He was wearing a black V-neck shirt that hugged to his chest and a pair of black skinny jeans that were held up by a studded belt. Was he Salem? As soon as he got near me I could smell the alcohol on his breath.
"Yeah, yeah. You're super drunk. Just sleep it off, Salem. I'll be in the guest room. Call me if you get sick. Alright?" Atticus said as he pushed Salem down on the large bed beside me. Salem locked eyes with me and gave me a crooked smile, "You're pretty."
Atticus chuckled, "That's Audrey. She's going to sleep in here with you."
I didn't say anything. Atticus left the room without another word, leaving Salem and I alone. I had wanted Atticus to stay. Salem kept his eyes locked onto mine. I could feel butterflies in my stomach as we stared at each other in silence.  He reached a hand out and gently caressed my cheek. His hand felt warm. I couldn't help myself from sitting up and cuddling up to him, my body acting on its own. Salem shuddered, "You're freezing."
He pulled me down on the bed and under the covers. I greedily embraced the warmth he was giving off. Vampires weren't supposed to feel warm. Was I so cold that a vampire felt warm to me? He put a finger under my chin and forced me to raise my head and look up at him, "I've never seen anyone as pretty as you."
I could feel blush rise to my cheeks. I know he's just drunk but it was a compliment I would remember forever. I didn't know what to say to that. Was I supposed to reply? From what I could see in the dimly lit room he was attractive as well. Was I supposed to tell him that? I gave Oliver a little squeeze, "Atticus said you would take care of me."
Salem brushed his thumb across my cheek gently, "I will."
I gave him a little smile. I liked the safe feeling he gave me. Salem leaned down and placed a tiny kiss on my cheek. The kiss turned into a trail of kisses, tracing from my jaw and down to my neck. I froze, as I felt his fangs lightly scrape against my skin. He was about to bite me. I felt hot tears form in my eyes and let them fall. At least I was going to die in the hands of a handsome vampire. As he continued to kiss my neck, the agonizing moment of when he was going to sink his teeth in me was killing me, “Can you just get it over with?”
Salem pulled away and looked at me, "What?"
"Killing me." I said softly as I pulled Oliver close to me, his soft fur comforting me slightly. Salem leaned his head down on mine, his warm lips grazing over mine, "Why would I do that?"
"You're a vampire." I said, my breath getting uneven as he started to kiss me, a burning sensation was left on me wherever his skin came in contact with mine.  He snaked an arm around me, unzipping the dress London put me in as he pulled me into him more. The kisses started to get rougher, but all I could do was kiss back. The demon that killed Ramona had a friend that used to force me to kiss him. His name was Elijah. I was his little toy when Ramona and her boyfriend, Nolan, would leave me with him to go on dates or vacations. Salem was more gentle than he used to be, though. My body acted on its own accord, seeming to perfectly fit with Salem. I kind of didn't mind this. Before I knew it my dress was off and I was tossing Oliver to the side to pull Salem into me more. We fought with each other to be the one in control.
Salem climbed on top of me and continued to kiss me deeply as he gently traced my sides with his fingertips. I don't know why I wasn't fighting him, the way I normally did with Elijah. My body was the one in control, even though it was mostly numb from the cold. My mind seemed to be having trouble keeping up, lingering on the burning sensation Salem's skin made when it came in contact with mine. Salem paused the kisses to take his jacket and shirt off. He resumed the kisses, but moved them back to my neck. I squeezed his sides, anxiously waiting for the pain of his fangs as they kept grazing my skin.
Between kisses, Salem slid his pants off. I knew what was going to happen, and I couldn't stop it. Anything physical frightened me. But my body wanted it. I buried my head at the crook of Salem's neck, hoping to hide the pain that was evident on my face as he slid into me. I dug my nails into his back as my hands clenched into fists. The pain slowly turned into pleasure as he moved against me, his hips grinding against mine. The burning on my skin in every place he came in contact with was becoming more intense. As the pleasure took over me I looked up into his face. A feeling came over me, a wish, that this wouldn't ever stop. Salem's eyes came into contact with mine and we stared at each other for a few seconds, a feeling of happiness came over me. I never wanted to leave his side. I was nervous and anxiety was bearing down on me. When was he going to kill me? Was he going to kill me? He was drunk, so he might forget that he said he would take care of me. My breathing was becoming unsteady as he moved in me.
He began kissing me again and without warning his fangs slowly punctured my neck. It wasn’t painful; in fact, it felt amazing. He sucked for a minute before a slight moan came out of my mouth as an explosion rippled through me. Salem slowly pulled his fangs out of my flesh and licked my wound before placing his lips on mine to stifle his own moan. I looked up at him as we both tried to steady our breathing. Salem pulled away from me and I made sure my eyes didn’t go below his chest as I remembered he didn't have his pants on. He stumbled a bit before standing up and pulled his pants back on, “Did I hurt you?”
I shook my head. I mean yes, it was painful at first, but it was a pleasure I had never experienced before. And I kind of liked it. It wasn't anything like the times with Elijah. Salem was more gentle. He ran a thumb over my cheek and smiled slightly, “You aren’t as cold as you were.”
I realized he was right. I was kind of warmer. Salem stumbled to get back under the covers. I bit my bottom lip as he pulled me into him, wrapping an arm around my bare stomach. Is that what I'm going to be to him? A toy he can use whenever? I grabbed Oliver from beside me and snuggled him close to me. Salem leaned his head down on the pillow I was on, "I like your bunny."
"His name is Oliver." I said, the words slipping out of my mouth before I could even think. Was I allowed to talk? Ramona never liked me talking unless she told me I could. Was Salem like that, too? London didn't seem to be like that. She kept trying to get me to talk. I don't think she stayed quiet for too long, anyways. So I wouldn't have gotten many words in a conversation. Salem smiled, "Oliver."
I could once again smell the alcohol on his breath. We stayed silent for a few minutes. Salem's breathing turned slightly heavy and became steady. He must be asleep. I nervously looked at him, "S-s-salem?"
No reply. I tried to pull the blankets over me as I started to become cold again, but Salem's arm was keeping my arms down. Salem's body was beginning to cool off as well, going to the normal cool temperature vampires normally stay at. I really wished someone would come in here and move Salem off of me so I could bundle up in the covers before I froze again. To my luck, the bedroom door opened. At first I couldn't see anything since the door was blocking the only light source in the room. The shadow took a few steps into the room, exposing Liam. He sighed as he glanced at the clothes on the floor.
"Salem, this is not what we agreed." Liam said as he folded his arms across his chest.
"He's asleep." I said softly, too afraid to speak but forcing myself. Liam shook his head and mumbled, "Figures."
Liam walked to the bed and I suddenly felt self conscious of my exposed body. He grabbed Salem with one hand and rolled him over with ease as he handed me the shirt Salem had been wearing and had tossed down onto the floor. I took the shirt and put it on, embracing the little warmth it had left. Liam grabbed my chin roughly after I put the shirt on and moved the collar of the black shirt down to look at my neck, where Salem bit me. I was afraid he was going to bite me, too. His mouth formed a tight line as he wiped my blood off, "Put some pressure on that and it should start to heal soon."
I rubbed my chin when Liam let me go. I didn't know if he was rough with me because he didn't like me or if he didn't mean to be. Liam left the room, leaving the bedroom door open. I lied back down and pulled the deep red comforter and white sheet over me, cuddling Oliver close to me. When I closed my eyes, I felt something being draped over me and opened my eyes to see Liam placing another blanket on me.
"The sun is coming up, it's time to get some sleep." He said before walking to the lamp on the table behind the door and turning it off, making darkness encase the room. I gave a little nod, knowing he could see me in the dark. The dark scared me, but I felt safe with Salem beside me. He wouldn't hurt me in the dark, would he? Nolan and Elijah used to abuse me and toy with me in the dark whenever Ramona was away.
Liam left the room, closing the door behind himself. I closed my eyes once I got in a comfortable position and instantly fell asleep on the most comfortable mattress I had ever been on. It was more like a cloud, taking me off to a dream land. Even better was the feeling my body had as I was next to Salem.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Liam isn't so bad :-). Ah, attraction at first sight, where will all that lead to... Great chapter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! :) Originally he was. But I had sympathy for him so in this re-write/edit I made him a bit nicer. :3

      Delete