Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Noelle's Story / Whispers in the Dark

Since everyone has been getting in their Feeple 60 Moe girls I'm starting to get squeamish.
I ordered within the first few hours of the event. 
 A big Miyu was something I couldn't pass up even though the Celine called to me.
And the Minifee Soony?! 
But I'm eager to get my girls home, so I've been working on Noelle's story some more.
After I placed my order, I figured she could be a character in Audrey's story.
But her story has taken a life of it's own.
They still tie in, though.
I've figured out Noelle was a slave, just like Audrey, but was changed by Dresden.
Dresden is Audrey's brother - one of them, anyways.
So here's the start of her story.
I hope y'all enjoy!


Chapter One
I held my breath nervously as I was back in the auction house. For some reason no one liked to keep me. I guess I wasn’t a very good slave. I did fight with my owners when they wanted ‘sexy’ time with me, but other than that I minded. Maybe that was the problem with me. They wanted a toy. The youngest looking vampire came back into the room. There were at least six holding cells, full of humans like me. I wasn’t scared; I was nervous. Would my new owner be like all the others?

The young vampire had a black messenger bag, full of numbered bracelets, I assumed. I glanced down at the two numbered bracelets already on my left wrist. I’ll either get a third added to the collection or the vampire will cut these two off, starting me fresh. The vampire glanced around the room, looking in each cell. I heard him sigh before dropping the bag down on the floor, the metal charms on the bracelets making a clanking noise as they hit each other. The vampire grabbed a key from his pocket and opened the cell in front of him.

“Get out of here.” The young vampire said firmly to the human slaves in the cell. He nodded his head at the door he came in from to his left, “There’s an exit to the right of that door.”

The six humans in that cell ran past him, and vanished out the door. He was letting us go? Vampires aren’t that nice. What’s his reason? He has to have a reason. He emptied the room before coming to the cell I was in. There were only two other girls in it with me. When he opened the cell door, the other two girls darted out, but I stayed put. The vampire stared at me with his dark brown eyes, “Well, leave. Get out of here. Save yourself.”

“I have nowhere to go. I wouldn’t survive and would more than likely be caught.” I said, still staying in the cell. The vampire bit at one of his lip rings before grabbing my arm and pulling me out of the room. I followed him down a hall and into a different room. He forced me to sit down on a wooden chair, “Where do you want to go?”

I shrugged, not caring if I was being disrespectful. I had nowhere to go and no knowledge to survive on my own in the wilderness. Plus, anyone could capture me. Un-freed slaves out in the wild were free game to anyone. “I have nowhere, so it doesn’t matter if I’m free or not.”

The young vampire seemed to be in thought for a moment before his brown eyes locked onto my blue eyes, “I can change you. You can stay with me for a while. I can teach you how to be a vampire and you can leave when you’re ready.”

I didn’t even think about it. Being anything other than a human was always wished for – by any slave. I had never heard of a slave being changed, so this is a rare chance. I gave a nod, agreeing with him, “Yes.”

The vampire grabbed me and pulled me closer to him. My heart gave a flutter as my body crashed into his chest. He was attractive, after all. He looked into my eyes, “This will hurt.”

“I can handle it.” I replied. I had been bitten several times before. I’m not new to the pain. The young vampire’s cool breath came upon my neck, making goose bumps form all over my body and a shiver go down my spine. It wasn’t long before his fangs grazed my skin along with his cold lip piercings. He slowly pushed his fangs into my flesh. A soft gasp escaped me at the slight stinging sensation. The vampire began to drink, my blood flowing out of me and into him like a river. I could feel myself getting weaker, dying. He pulled me tighter into him, holding me up, as all strength left me. I was nothing but dead weight in his arms but he could hold me up easily.

He pulled away when I couldn’t hold my eyes open anymore; a feeling of emptiness came over me as he removed his fangs from my neck. My head was too heavy to hold up, so I was lying on his shoulder. My breaths could barely make a course through me. That was the most anyone had ever drunk from me and I knew if he left me, I would die. And I would die soon. He shifted me around to one arm, still holding me up easily. After a few seconds he was holding his wrist to my mouth. His blood was warm, much different than I had ever imagined a vampire’s blood to be. I tried my hardest to drink from him but I didn’t have the strength. Once his blood had made it down my throat, I felt strength return to me. I grabbed onto his wrist and started to more forcefully take the warm liquid that tasted like sweet nectar.

I shoved the young vampire off of me when a pain came over me. My stomach was churning and I felt nauseous. Don’t tell me my body is rejecting his blood. He’s trying to help me so the least I can do is not die. At least not like this. My head felt like it was about to explode as each bone in my body felt like it was being shattered. The vampire grabbed me and held me to him tightly so I wouldn’t move around. He clamped his hand on my mouth so my screams of pain would be muffled. I regretted my choice. If I knew being turned was this painful I would have said no. When the pain finally stopped, I didn’t move. I wouldn’t have been able to even if I wanted since the vampire was holding me so tight.

The vampire pulled his hand from my mouth as he loosened his grip on me, “Are you okay?”

“Yes.” I replied, mesmerized by his smooth voice. He let me go completely, taking a few steps away from me but staying close as if he was afraid I would fall over at any second. I could hear clearly – better. It was magical. Not as magical as the detail my eyes showed. My throat burned and I needed something to drink. I looked up at the vampire, about to ask him for some water, but all words stopped in their tracks. The vampire was even more attractive than before. His long black hair was everywhere and now covering one of his chocolate colored eyes and he had more piercings on his face than I had noticed before. He gave me a little smile, “You didn’t handle the pain.”

“I didn’t know it was going to feel like that. I thought it was just fangs.” I said, “Could I have some water?”

The vampire nodded, “Sure. Just stay here and don’t make a sound.”

He left without another word and I did as I was told. I didn’t want to be found by some other vampire, especially the vampire that put me into the cell. I glanced around the room. The only things that were in it were a table and a few chairs. He could have at least chosen a more interesting room. The door opened not long afterwards. I turned, expecting the young vampire, but was instantly frightened as I saw the vampire that had done medical tests on me. He looked rather annoyed and it terrified me. I wanted to hide from him but it was no use.

“Don’t be afraid.” He said as he sat down on a chair beside me. He held a bottle out to me. I stared at the bottle in his hand. My mouth was parched but I didn’t want to take the bottle from him. The new vampire gave me a small smile, “I’m Zephyr. What’s your name?”

I don’t need to be afraid of him. I am a vampire, too, after all. I narrowed my eyes at him, “Noelle.”
Zephyr held the bottle closer to me. I took it and opened it. I was so thirsty I couldn’t stand it anymore. The scent of blood came to my nose and as much as I wanted to gag, my body instinctively downed the bottle. Zephyr pulled out another bottle from his pocket and handed it to me, “That’s a pretty name.”

I took the second bottle before snapping at him, “Don’t treat me like a kid.”

Zephyr held his hands up and chuckled, “I’m not treating you like a kid. I’m only trying to make conversation.”

I looked down at the floor before drinking the second bottle of blood, more slowly this time, “Oh, sorry.”

Zephyr nodded as if he understood I was often treated as a child by other immortals just because I’m human. I’m also pretty uneasy right now. I’m a new vampire in unfamiliar territory. I could hear movements and footsteps in other rooms, I could see things in detail, and I also didn’t know anyone so to say I was uneasy was an understatement.

“Where is the other vampire?” I asked Zephyr, feeling bad for not knowing his name.

Zephyr raised his left eyebrow, “Dresden? He is currently in our father’s office, getting in trouble for freeing the slaves. I’m actually quite proud of him for it.”

I pulled my right leg up into the chair I was sitting on. The young vampire that helped us is getting in trouble? Will he get in trouble for changing me? I looked up at Zephyr, clearly seeing the family resemblance, “Is he going to be okay?”

Zephyr chuckled before nodding, “Yes. He’s just going to get fired but that’s what he wanted anyways. But he’ll be fine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment