Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bunion Surgery

I had bunion removal surgery earlier today. 
Or well, yesterday morning since it's already Wednesday.
It was a quickie in and out thing.
I only remember being wheeled into a room and then waking up after it was all over.
I'm doing fine, my only complaint is my foot feels a bit numb like it's asleep.
And that the boot weighs as much as I do, lol.
But my family and my cats have been taking good care of me :)

I was very nervous since it sounded pretty bad.
The doctor was going to cut the top of my foot open, shave off the bunion, break my big toe, and put screws and rods in it to make it straight.
But I watched my mom and my sister do it so I knew I could. 
And I'm already ready for the second one to be done, though I have to wait 6-8 weeks for that one.
And the only pain was getting the IV in the top of my hand. 
I'll keep y'all posted on my recovery.
But I should be getting some dolly stuff in the mail soon, so expect package opening videos, unless I'm too knocked up on pain killers. Lol.

Last picture of the bunion. It's now gone!

I don't know why they make me wear socks because I was having foot surgery. But whatever makes them happy. 

That was the worst part. 

And this is my foot now! Can't really see anything since I can't touch the boot or bandages until I go for a checkup. I was waiting for my mom to bring the car around. 

Here's a bonus of me and my mom before I was taken back. No clue what face I'm making. Lol. 

And here's the old man taking care of me by not leaving my side. 


2 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself and I wish you a healed foot really soon!!! It's sweet that your cat keeps you company :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ^_^ Everyone is taking care of me, so I should heal fast. :D

      Delete